PDF downloadable New and Upgrade price list
Are you afraid that an investment in a stereo system today will be a waste of money, another frivolous purchase on the credit card? Do you worry that your stereo system will be obsoleted by surround sound entertainment systems? Are you concerned that next year will bring new designs, new breakthroughs, and you'll have to start all over, throwing away the money you spent?
Fear not! Yes, we likely will have better circuits in the future because we never stop innovating. That doesn't mean you will have to start over from scratch.
We have clients using the same amp and preamp chassis they first bought and assembled as a kit in the '60s. Same metal, same heatsinks, transformer, knobs, screws, wires, jacks, hardware, and faceplate. They have renewed the electronic circuits, the heart of the system. Some clients have had their equipment in to Audio by Van Alstine for circuit upgrades every 10 years or so over 40 years. Each time they get current state-of-the-art performance at a fraction of the cost of buying entirely new equipment.
We continue to support the Dyna and Hafler chassis, we have since we started 40 years ago. We don't plan to stop. It's even easier for those clients who have purchased new AVA electronics. We had decades of experience working with the Dyna and Hafler pieces, and we learned from their successes and mistakes. When it was time to engineer our own chassis, we were careful to put together rugged and attractive metal enclosures that we knew would last for years. Our chassis are easy to get into for accessing the circuits, changing tubes or fuses, doing any needed maintenance, and updating in the future.
Our designs aren't garish styling exercises; we never tried for that. We want to give you a rugged, reliable, sturdy, long-lasting home for your circuits, the ones you buy now and the ones you will want in the future.
Currently available upgrades for AVA chassis equipment:
- Fet Valve 400R and 600R upgrades are available for all older AVA hybrid amplifiers build in our standard large amplifier chassis. These include new audio boards, new small signal regulated power supply board, new ground plane output regulator boards, and new Exicon double die mos-fets as required. Upgrade price is $1999.
- Synergy amp upgrades and/or double die mos-fet upgrades for all earlier AVA solid-state amps. New or upgraded audio circuit boards as required and/or new regulated power suppy boards and heat sinks as required.
- Ultra II series upgrades for all Ultra, Fet Valve and Transcendence Seven series preamps and DAC's built in our 17" wide chassis. Upgrades include new Exicon mos-fet drivers in the transimpedance stages in line, phono, and DAC filter stages. New 6CG7 tubes also available in most preamp line stages with tube socket replacements. Major sonic improvements at an affordable cost.
- Insight+ preamp upgrades for all earlier AVA solid-state preamps. New circuit boards and power supplies. New mute circuit.
- Vision DAC upgrades for all earlier AVA DACs, solid state, tube, or hybrid. Includes complete replacement of all internal circuits; digital, audio, and power supply with our amazing new Vision DAC circuits.
Currently available upgrades for Dyna and Hafler chassis equipment:
- Insight amp upgrades and double-die mos-fet upgrades for all earlier AVA solid-state circuits in Hafler or Dyna chassis. New or upgraded audio circuit boards and power supply, as required.
- Insight+ preamp upgrades for all earlier AVA solid-state circuits in Dyna Pat-4 or Pat-5 preamp chassis. New or upgraded circuit boards and power supplies as required. New mute circuit.
Note: Control, jacks, and switches will be cleaned, renewed or replaced as required. Many at no charge, some at extra cost depending on the age, condition and origin of the chassis.